Here are the five reasons why springtime is such a great time to sell:
1. Demand is strong. The National Association of Realtors has confirmed that buyers are in the market and ready to buy now. Here in Northeast Ohio, as soon as the weather turns after a rough winter, we see an uptick in buyer activity.
2. There is less competition. Research shows that most areas across the country have less than six months’ worth of inventory. Since buyers have fewer homes to look at, they’ll make quicker decisions, which means you’ll net more money from your sale.
3. The process will be quicker. According to the statistics, the closing process only takes about 49 days on average from the time the offer is accepted to the moment the keys change hands.
4. There will never be a better time to move up. If you’re looking to increase the size of your home or move into the luxury market, inventory levels are higher in those price ranges, which means you’ll have more negotiating leverage as a buyer.
5. This is all about you. Remember why you thought about listing your home in the first place. Maybe you wanted to move closer to family; maybe you wanted to upsize or “rightsize” into something that’s more suitable to your living needs. In any case, it’s time to start thinking about where you want to go and what you want to accomplish.
If you’d like to talk more about selling your home in the spring market, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d love to help you.